Portable grain storage trailer…
The Walkabout Mother Bin is a huge trailer designed to be used as portable grain storage trailer in the field. The seven-axle unit holds 4,000 bushels, has a 22-inch unloading auger and could load a semi in about two minutes.
- A Walkabout Mother Bin (WMB) is a new, innovative and important piece of farm equipment that has the ability to dramatically increase your harvest productivity. VIEW VIDEO.
- The WMB is the missing link between the grain cart and the trucks. Simply put, it’s portable grain storage trailer.
- The WMB allows combines to keep moving in the event of delays in the return of trucks to the field.
- Trucks come into the field and load straight out of the WMB at the same or faster rate than being loaded by the grain cart.
- The WMB eliminates the need for a truck to be present to empty the grain cart.
- The WMB acts as a surge tank for grain when trucks can’t keep up with combine and grain cart holding capacity.
- The WMB is totally mobile and able to move from field to field as the harvest progresses even when partially filled.
- The WMB reduces grain cart cycle times. It can be easily moved, even when partly loaded, keeping it in close proximity to the combines.
- The WMB allows farmers to operate with less help and less equipment by holding 4 to 6 semi loads of grain.* This allows a reduction in trucks and/or employees.
- The WMB reduces soil compaction by enabling you to use smaller grain carts and tractors, reducing weights being carried across the field.
- The WMB guarantees the ability to continue or extend harvesting time if:
• elevators close;
• the distance from farm or elevator is too far for trucks to keep grain away from combines;
• problems arise because of slow unloading at the elevator or on-farm storage;
• breakdowns anywhere in the transport, delivery or storage chain.
* Depending on size of mother bin and semi’s being used.