What is a Mother Bin?
The Walkabout Mother Bin is essential harvest equipment offering a large, portable, in-field grain storage solution (4,000-bu capacity). 22″ Elmer’s unload auger, Agri-Cover roll tarp and camera system are all standard.
When in operation, the Walkabout Mother Bin allows the combine to run continuously, eliminating the need to stop and unload.
Specs & Features
- 4,000 bushel capacity
- Newly designed Agri-Cover roll tarp to accommodate more grain
- Split front and rear flow gates for blending grain
- 22″ Elmer’s unload auger
- Up to 900 bushel-per-minute unload rate
- Camera system
- Adjustable auger spout
- Self-steering front and force steering rear axles
- Rear access door
- Movable while partly loaded
- Full length clean out doors
- Minimum 200hp required
- 58′ long x 13’9″ wide x 12’11” high
- The Walkabout Mother Bin guarantees the ability to continue or extend harvesting time if elevators close; the distance from farm or elevator is too far for trucks to keep grain away from combines; problems arise because of slow unloading at the elevator or on-farm storage; or if breakdowns anywhere in the transport, delivery or storage chain.
- Allows combines to keep moving in the event of delays in the return of trucks to the field.
- Trucks come into the field and load straight out of the WMB at the same or faster rate than being loaded by the grain cart.
- Eliminates the need for a truck to be present to empty the grain cart.
- Acts as a surge tank for grain when trucks can’t keep up with combine and grain cart holding capacity.
- Completely mobile and able to move from field to field as the harvest progresses even when partly filled.
- Reduces grain cart cycle times. It can be easily moved, even when partly loaded, keeping it in close proximity to the combines.
- Allows farmers to operate with less help and less equipment by holding 4 to 6 semi loads of grain.* This allows a reduction in trucks and/or employees.
- Reduces soil compaction by enabling you to use smaller grain carts and tractors, reducing weights being carried across the field.