What is a Mother Bin?
The Walkabout Mother Bin is essential harvest equipment offering a large, portable grain storage solution (4,000-bu capacity) and a 22″ Elmer’s unload auger. When in operation, the Walkabout Mother Bin allows the combine to run continuously, eliminating the need to stop and unload. A Mother Bin can load a semi in about two minutes and has an unload rate of 900-BU min. Qualifies for a USDA FSFL loan, and leasing options are available through CWB National Leasing and Global Financing Group.
Think of it as the missing link between grain carts and trucks. Read about how U.S. Farmers are using their Mother Bins.
Walkabout Mother Bins is located in Faulkton, South Dakota. All mother bins are made in the USA.
Keep the combine running. Reduce trucks, labor and grain cart cycle times.
Walkabout Mother Bin Specifications & Features
• 4,000 bushel capacity
• Newly designed roll tarp/top to accommodate more grain
• Split front and rear flow gates for blending grain
• 22″ Elmers unload auger
• Up to 900 bushel per minute unload rate
• Camera system
*External Scale Display
*Remote Auger Shut Off
*Low Unload Package
• Adjustable auger spout
• Self-steering front and force steering rear axles
• Rear access door
• Movable while partly loaded
• Full length clean out doors
• Minimum 200hp required
• 58′ long x 13’9″ wide x 12’11” high
- The Walkabout Mother Bin guarantees the ability to continue or extend harvesting time if elevators close; the distance from farm or elevator is too far for trucks to keep grain away from combines; problems arise because of slow unloading at the elevator or on-farm storage; or if breakdowns anywhere in the transport, delivery or storage chain.
- Allows combines to keep moving in the event of delays in the return of trucks to the field.
- Trucks come into the field and load straight out of the WMB at the same or faster rate than being loaded by the grain cart.
- Eliminates the need for a truck to be present to empty the grain cart.
- Acts as a surge tank for grain when trucks can’t keep up with combine and grain cart holding capacity.
- Completely mobile and able to move from field to field as the harvest progresses even when partly filled.
- Reduces grain cart cycle times. It can be easily moved, even when partly loaded, keeping it in close proximity to the combines.
- Allows farmers to operate with less help and less equipment by holding 4 to 6 semi loads of grain.* This allows a reduction in trucks and/or employees.
- Reduces soil compaction by enabling you to use smaller grain carts and tractors, reducing weights being carried across the field.